DCOSS 2011 Camera Ready Instructions
To ensure publication in the IEEE DCOSS 2011 Conference Proceedings and IEEE Xplore©, an accepted conference paper must have at least one FULL conference registration. An accepted workshop paper must have at least one FULL workshop registration.
Authors with multiple accepted papers have to pay a FULL registration fee per accepted paper (conference or workshop). Accepted and registered papers will be published in the IEEE DCOSS 2011 Conference Proceedings and in IEEE Xplore©.
Final manuscript submission will be made through EDAS. The submitted PDF file must be Xplore compatible and can be validated through IEEE PDFeXpress. Full instructions for submitting your paper are included below. Copyright forms will also be submitted through EDAS.
Final submissions must be completed by May 7th, 2011 (midnight EST).
Preparing Your Submission
1. Prepare the Final Manuscript: After carefully amending your manuscript according to the reviewers' recommendations, please print out your paper and proofread it. Final manuscripts must be submitted through EDAS in standard IEEE two-column format and must be IEEE Xplore compliant. The sample manuscript (pdf, doc, and Latex) provided in Author Tools contains detailed requirements and can be used as a visual guide.
More information on IEEE's electronic submission requirement is available in PDF Specification for IEEE Xplore. Final manuscripts may be up to eight (8) pages in length for the main conference, six (6) pages for the workshops. Overlength submissions will be allowed at 50 EUR per extra page, for up to two (2) extra pages.
2. Create an Xplore-compliant PDF file: The final manuscript must be submitted as an IEEE Xplore-compatible PDF file. To create one using your source files (e.g. Word, Latex) or verify that your generated PDF archive is Xplore-compliant, DCOSS 2011 authors may use IEEE PDFeXpress. The Conference ID is dcoss11x and the instructions on how to use PDFeXpress are here.
Please note that final Xplore-compatible papers MUST be submitted via EDAS. IEEE PDFeXpress is strictly for conversion of your submission from formats other than PDF as well as compliant document generation. EDAS will perform the same checks as IEEE's electronic submission requirement checks. However, EDAS cannot be used to convert your submission from other formats to a PDF one.
The most common issues encountered for Xplore compliance are summarized below:
Please note that paper title may be modified from the submitted version. In such case, please inform the Publication Chair as soon as possible since you will not be able to edit the paper information on EDAS directly. Author names must not be added or removed in the final camera-ready version and must be identical to the reviewed version.
You may contact the staff at EDAS , the Publication Chair (Rafael Falcon) or Workshop Chair (Sotiris Nikoletseas) for further assistance.
3.Register: Registration information is available here. The registration deadline is May 14, 2011 (midnight EST). Please note that each accepted conference paper must be accompanied by a FULL conference registration. The same applies for workshop papers. Accepted papers are expected to be presented at the DCOSS conference. IEEE reserves the right to exclude a paper from distribution after the conference (e.g., removal from IEEE Xplore) if the paper is not presented at the conference.
STEPS 4 and 5 only apply to authors of papers registered for the main conference. Please see instructions for workshop paper submission below.
4. Submit the Final Manuscript:
Camera ready manuscripts for the conference papers will be submitted through EDAS. Login into your EDAS account, click on the My Papers tab, and then upload your paper on the link provided. The submission deadline is May 7th, 2011. If you are the author of a workshop paper, please follow the instructions below.
Camera-ready submission deadlines for the workshops will be May 30, 2011 and papers will appear in IEEE Xplore and also in the Conference Proceedings.
5. Submit Copyright Form: Papers cannot be included in the conference proceedings without a completed IEEE Copyright Form. Authors can submit the Copyright Form electronically through EDAS by going to the My Papers tab and clicking the 'c' icon in the Copyright column of your DCOSS 2011 paper.
- Author Order: The author order in the paper must match the author order in EDAS.
- Paper size: The paper must use either the US Letter or A4 IEEE template.
- Fonts: All fonts must be embedded in the document.
- Page Numbers: Page numbers must not be present. It is CRITICAL that your submitted document does not include page numbers, unlike the document submitted for review.
Paper Submission to DCOSS 2011 Workshops, Work-in-Progress, Poster and Demo Sessions
For an accepted workshops, work-in-progress, poster and demo paper, one FULL workshop registration is required. Submit your camera-ready version electronically to the Publication Chair Rafael Falcon, make sure it is Xplore-compliant. You will receive an email containing a link to the IEEE electronic copyright submission system (eCF), please fill the copyright form online and keep the notification email you will be sent from IEEE as proof of your copyright submission.
Visa Instructions and Assistance
Visa arrangements for entry into Spain (if needed) are the responsibility of authors and other conference participants. If you are the author of an accepted paper and need a VISA letter, it can be created from EDAS. On the paper information page, there will be a letter shaped icon (visa letter). A PDF of the visa letter will be generated upon clicking on the icon.
For non-authors who would like to attend the conference, please contact the General Chairs Mischa Dohler and Ivan Stojmenovic to issue a visa letter after submitting proof that you have paid the FULL registration fees.